Welcome to the Brockville & Area Community Living Association
The Brockville & Area Community Living Association supports people with intellectual disabilities to live a good life in the community. This means living in a home of their own, pursuing their life dreams and goals, enjoying friendships and healthy relationships and contributing to community and others through work and volunteerism. People with intellectual disabilities want the same things as everyone else!
At the Brockville & Area Community Living Association, we listen to people with intellectual disabilities, their family members and community partners so that we can make the best decisions in response to their needs, wants and goals and provide outstanding quality supports and services. We are uncompromising in our Vision, Mission and values.
We remain focused on continuous quality improvement by a relentless examination of our supports and services through the eyes of people receiving them.
We believe that Community Living Associations have as their primary duty to promote, enable, and support communities within which individuals with intellectual disabilities and their families have:
- The reasonable necessities of life.
- The assurance of a fair, respectful, safe and dignified life.
- The status to ensure their self-determination.
- Full information about human rights and society’s commitment to these rights.
- The resources necessary to enable full participation.
- The acknowledgment of their strengths and the opportunities to develop them.
- The recognition of full citizenship and its consequent responsibilities and opportunities to contribute to the community.
1995 Resolution of the Canadian Association for Community Living